Making active user metrics more detailed in the Admin console
Originally Posted on Google's G Suite Updates Blog
What’s changingWe’re making changes to how we calculate active users across G Suite applications in your organization. Specifically, you’ll see more accurate metrics on active users for the following applications:
- Hangouts Chat
- Hangouts Meet
Who’s impactedAdmins only
Why this mattersPreviously, we pulled app activity data from multiple sources, which sometimes resulted in discrepancies across reporting tools, like Work Insights and the Reports section of the Admin console. To ensure these metrics are consistent, we'll now pull data from one centralized, reliable source which is based on direct user interaction logs. This will help you better analyze app usage in your domain and assess your organization's needs.
How to get started
- Admins: To access Apps usage activity in the Admin console click Reports.
- From there, you can see app usage overall, or click into specific apps.
- On the right-hand side, you can filter app usage by: 1 day, 7 days, or 30 days.
- End users: No action required.
Additional detailsIn addition to the Admin console, these updated metrics will also appear in the G Suite Admin SDK Reports API and BigQuery exports.
Helpful linksDevelopers Guide: Reports API
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on June 5, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on June 5, 2019
G Suite editionsAvailable to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches
Original Blog Post
Originally Posted to Lemacks Media https://lemacksmedia.com/news/06/05/making-active-user-metrics-more-detailed-in-the-admin-console/ , by Andrew Lemacks for updates and more content.